The Quorum Court is the legislative body of Woodruff County comprised of elected Justices of the Peace.
The Quorum Court has these duties:
- Levy of taxes in manner prescribed by law.
- Appropriate public funds for the expenses of the county in a manner prescribed by ordinance.
- Preserve the peace and order and secure freedom from dangerous or noxious activities; provided, however, that no act may be declared a felony.
- For any public purpose, contract, or join with another county, or with any political subdivision or with the United States.
- Create, consolidate, separate, revise, or abandon any elected office or offices except during the term therefore; provided, however, that a majority of those voting on the question at a general election have approved said action.
- Fix the number and compensation of deputies and county employees.
- Fix the compensation of each county officer with a minimum and maximum to be determined by law.
- Fill vacancies in the elected offices.
- Provide for any service or performance of any function relating to county affairs.
- Exercise other powers, not inconsistent with law, necessary for effective administration of authorized services and function.
|JP. District 1||Frank Swanson|
|JP. District 2||James Jackson|
|JP. District 3||Billy Immel|
|JP. District 4||Homer Reeves|
|JP. District 5||Charles Reeves|
|JP. District 6||Bill Crawford|
|JP. District 7||Paul Brown|
|JP. District 8||Harold Collins|
|JP. District 9||Wesley Carter III|
Woodruff County is the 1st Judicial District comprised of Monroe, Lee, Woodruff, Cross, St. Francis, and
|District Court Judge-Augusta||Jay Eldridge||210 Main St.||870-347-5656|
|District Court Judge-McCrory||Jay Eldridge||Edmonds Ave.||870-731-2041|
|District Court Judge-Cotton Plant||Jay Eldridge||Main St.||870-347-5656|
|Circuit Court Judge-1st Division||L.T. Sims, II||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Circuit Court Judge-2nd Division||Richard L. Proctor||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Circuit Court Judge-3rd Division||Bentley E. Story||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Circuit Court Judge-4th Division||Kathleen Bell||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Circuit Court Judge-5th Division||Ann Beane Hudson||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Circuit Court- Juvenile Officer||Leroy Pulley, Jr.||Augusta, AR||870-347-2391|
|Public Defenders Office||Danny Glover||Wynne, AR||870-238-2348|